Geez – we are in the middle of quite the snow storm. I think it is worse in some places, too – which is crazy! Not to mention really cold. It was 0 degrees in the mid afternoon at the warmest part of the day. Nothing like starting the year off with a weather bang.
So, I was reflecting on the year to come and there is a lot of uncertainty in it with the move and all that, but here are some things that I would like to accomplish or work towards this year. Some things will be dependent on the new house. We are all ready to go; we are just waiting for the selling bank to pull title. So, who knows how long that will take. Hopefully before the scheduled close of the 24th.
1. Build something. We had good success with the table, which I am loving, so I want to do something else. Of course, I want to make it my project that I do from start to finish, including all wood cuts and assembly. There are some great sites out there like Ana White and Design Confidential for plans. This I really look forward to doing.
2. Hiking. We do so much biking because we love it, but our area also had a ton of hiking trails. I keep saying we should do some of them and we are going to do that this year. Since I didn’t set any bike goals for the year, this will be good.
3. Focus on healthy eating. I pretty much have maintained the same weight for the last few years and I think that shows that my weight is dependent upon my activity level and currently how I eat. I think if I focus a little more on healthy eating that maybe my weight will correlate with that. That’s the plan, anyway. So, making sure I have balanced meals and moderate my treats and keep a lid on the snack monster, I should be okay.
4. Heavy lifting. I have missed my heavy lifting since I am not at the gym anymore. I would like to get back to that. Conveniently enough, my old gym is only a couple miles from our new house and once things settle down after this spring, I will probably rejoin (it’s only $100 for a yearly membership).
5. Be a better person. Don’t we all strive for this? I feel like lately I have been a bit of a snark master – a lot of which was due to stress and sometimes just the stupidity I see on the news! Anyway, I want to try to be a bit better about that, less judging of myself and others, etc.
6. A possible flip. I almost didn’t put this down, but I was seriously thinking about it near the end of 2012 and if we hadn’t found Radiance Manor, I probably would have been in the midst of buying a flip candidate. John said I should go for it and that is really all the encouragement I need. Of course, this won’t happen until late 2014 if at all because we have to get settled in the new house and sell our current one before any of that can happen. Then there has to be the right deal. So, this is not a goal that I will force to happen.
That will give me some sort of focus. In the meantime, our life is going to be crazy, crazy for the next few months. John is going to Vegas next week. There is the house closing, remodeling the kitchen before we move in. Then we have a vacation planned in February. Then we will move into the new house after that. See what I mean when I said this probably wasn’t the best time to buy a house? :mrgreen: I can already feel some stress levels rising, not bad stress, but stress all the same.
Here’s to 2014!!