Spring is coming. I keep telling myself that spring is coming!
I did a bit of plant shopping and ordered a rose for my new bed extension. I was going to go with a different one, but after reading some reviews of its performance in real gardens, I set up my search again and came up with this one:
It’s called Enchanted Evening. I told John to be ready for lots of singing. I used to play the soundtrack to South Pacific all the time and it doesn’t take much for me to break into song :lol: I purchased this from Jackson and Perkins this time (their photo). Its a floribunda and grows about 3 feet tall, so should be perfect. Of course, this won’t arrive to me until May, but I can just keep looking at the picture.
New month, new goals.
1. Purge closet – Okay, that goal got moved over from February since I failed at that one.
2. Get my bike outside. I am riding early this year. I normally like to have 50 degree weather to be biking, but I miss outside biking so much that I am going to suck it up and do 40s. I’ll just have to dress a bit warmer. John gave me a real side-eye when I said 40s, so it will likely be solo biking.
3. Moving in March. Since I am done with the rehab, now I can move more exercise wise. I actually enjoyed being more physically active than usual with the rehab, so I want to keep that up, although not quite to the difficulty degree No more hibernating!
4. Planning meals. We don’t plan meals too often. Sometimes we do, but most times we fix whatever we have in house. Planning will get me using more recipes (instead of just pinning them). Plus hopefully shopping more efficiently.
5. Grain-Free days. A few days each week, I want to do grain free. I actually like doing that and it keeps me motivated while I work on project Drop A Size in 2013.
That is a nice set of goals.
Now from the files of the laziest cat in the world: I was vacuuming and needed to get my foot pedal off the floor. Pixie wouldn’t move, so I had to put it on her.
And on the quick Friday dinner front – more stir fry! This time I did a heap o’ broccoli, Kikkoman Triple Ginger sauce and jumbo shrimp (4 ounces). I would have had some rice with it, but John got to the last of the rice before I did
Stir fry – when it is okay for food to touch.
Here’s to a relaxing weekend for everyone!