Welcome to November – and Happy Day of the Dead! Or Days of the Dead as John pointed out, since technically it is 2 days. Of course, every day is day of the dead until coffee time!
Don’t you love this coffee break? I asked for permission to use this photo – if you want to see Collin’s other work, here is his website.
We are now a candy corn free household (until the sales, that is), but I did have breakfast in my candy corn bowl!
Cold and icky today. I did a 3 mile walk today in rainy and blustery 45 degree conditions and I got a deep chill. Pixie was wanting a lot of warmth, too.
I think she really knows how very lucky she is to have come up to our door.
Anyhoo, new month means new goals! These are my plans for this month:
1. Do several days a week of lower-carb/grain-free. To help prevent holiday pants busting, I have found this really works well while still letting me enjoy the yummy foods this time of year, like pumpkin pie bagels and eggnog lattes! Now for me, lower carb means 100 total grams of carbs a day. I don’t bother with net carbs. So if it is not net carbs, is it gross carbs? LOL. Going grain free makes it easier to cut those down as well. So, 3 or 4 days a week will be my goal.
2. Organize the bedroom. Having decluttered the downstairs, now the upstairs is a mess, particularly the bedroom. I tend to dump my clothes (clean) on the floor by my bed. I need to organize the closet and get more storage. That means thrifting for a couple dressers. Wooden only – no MDF!
3. Run a 5K on Thanksgiving. Not an official 5K or anything, but just going out and doing one on my own, running the entire thing. I am up to 2.3 miles now, so this should be doable. Of course, if the weather is really nice – I may bike on turkey day (highly unlikely, but I have my hopes).
4. Get out and do more. We have been homebodies too much lately. Goal this month is to do some things other than go out for coffee at night.
5. Going with the no-grain days in goal 1, I will also make some new grain-free recipes and post them. They won’t all be desserts, either
We decided to work on the goal of getting out more and went out to dinner tonight. Seeing as I won the football picks for the third week in a row – because I rock – I got the dinner choice! We went back to Siam Thai Sushi, where we went on John’s birthday. Being the nice wife that I am, I had a BOGO coupon to use for a free entree. Wasn’t that nice of me to do since he had to pay? Anyway, check out the world’s largest spoon.
Seriously, this thing is like a ladle. I actually used the spoon served with my tea to eat with since I didn’t feel like using a shovel to eat.
My dinner – Massaman Curry with shrimp.
I guess the picture probably doesn’t look as good as this tasted! It was wonderful! It has potatoes, peppers, carrots and peanuts in a coconut based spicy sauce. I added the shrimp for protein. This must be recreated at home and soon!
Bonus is that I brought home half to have for lunch tomorrow as well.
More guitar practicing for me today
I don’t quite look like this, but close Just add skin and remove the mustache.