Last day of the year and I forgot to do my goal wrap up yesterday. Ooops.
I had a few goals for December:
1. No weight gain over the holidays. Fail. I did gain weight this month.
2. Do some no added sugar days. I did a very little sugar days and a couple no sugar days. Of course – I had some all sugar days (I am looking in your direction Christmas Eve!).
4. Relax more. I really don’t know how well I did here. I did have a 3 day weekend, so that counts, right?
And going back to January, these were on my to-do list for the year:
- We are going to do another 100 mile bike ride this year. Done, although it was just me this year.
Just for fun, I should count how many helmeted pictures of me there are on this blog.
- Maybe do a half marathon. Nope. Not with giving up running.
- I hope to do a different duathlon in May 3- Nope. With no running, hard to do a duathlon
- Definitely a few 5K races. Nope.
- Keep stretching. Ooops, was this one of my goals??
-I really would like the scal3 to go down further. I am not shooting for a specific number, but I do have a pair of pants I would like to have less tight. Complete fail here.
- I hope to do more cooking and food recipes on the blog. Fairly successful here. One of my favorite recipes? The grain-free banana breakfast pudding.
- I am going to work on my classical guitar this year. I will commit to putting a video of myself on the blog playing something at the end of the year. Done – see above.
Learn to do more than just basic plumbing so that we can install a water softener ourselves (after I save up for it), and possibly install a half bath in our laundry room. Done!! My favorite project of the year. I am so proud of us doing this all by ourselves – and meeting building codes!
- Tinker with the blog a bit. Ehhh.
- Earn more money. Success. Turns out it was getting laid off that turned out to be the catalyst for this. I got a raise and full time from the second job.
- Just try to be a better person in general. Always a work in progress. I did start the literacy tutoring, so there’s something.
I am not sure if I will be making a to-do list or not for the 2012. I will do my monthly goals, as I enjoy them and coming up with new things to challenge myself with. I imagine I will have to get on the weight loss train for reals and not just dink around with it.
We are having a family get together for the holiday. I wish all of you a very happy and safe New Year’s Eve.
See you on the flip side!