Thank you so much for listening to my guitar playing! I was a bit nervous putting it out there, but really – doing a video is so much easier than a live performance I will do a couple others next week.
How about just a random Christmas countdown for the day? It’s been a bit of an odd week, so an odd post will be just fitting.
1. My morning workout today!
|Squat/Press||3 set of 10 with 10# DBs||Full Body|
|Stiff-legged Dead Lifts||3 sets of 10 at 55#||Hamstrings and low back|
|Dumbbell Pull Over||3 sets of 10 with 25# DB||Back|
|Reverse crunch||3 sets of 12||Core|
|Dumbbell Chest Fly||3 sets of 10 with 15# DBs||Chest|
|Front raise||3 sets of 10 with 8# DBs||Shoulders|
|Triceps Kickbacks||3 sets of 10 with 15# DBs||Triceps|
|Low Back Extension||3 sets of 10 at 80#||Low Back|
2. My post workout refuel. Cookie dough truffles:
Not recommended as workout fuel, BTW. Just for cookie eating.
3. Husband baking cookies.
(His comment on this picture – “Gut? Meet cookies.”
4. Said cookies with afternoon latte:
Yeah, you can see where my eating went today.
5. A few of my favorite carols:
Carol of the Bells
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Es ist ein Rosensprungen (not really Christmas, but played a lot)
6. Pixie’s wishes to everyone:
7. Hosting the big dinner on Christmas Eve. John and I have hosted this dinner for 5 years now? We like to have the big dinner on the Eve rather than on Christmas itself. John and I love to host and cook. On the menu is goose (raised by my BIL), roasted potatoes, brussel sprouts with cranberries, sausage stuffing, drunken apples, and a platoon of cookies.
8. A big thank you to everyone for stopping by my piece of the internets this year. I really value all the blog friendships that I have made and feel very lucky to have virtually met all of you, which would never have happened without the blog world.
9. Having to work late today to get in work when everyone else is getting all holiday on me. Not so good, but thankful that I have full-time employment!
10. Have a wonderful Christmas and Hanukkah or however you celebrate this time of year. It all equals the same thing: Family, friends, and love (and sometimes a lot of cookies)!