Wow – the last day of June. Sometimes it scares me how fast time goes by. I had a busy month! Time to see how I did on my monthly goals.
1. Enjoy turning 43! Done!
2. Go no TV for one week. We did this and it wasn’t bad at all! TV is actually kind of an afterthought for me. However, this wasn’t during football season, so that would have been a whole ‘nother story.
3. Operation Sleep. I bought a sleep mask, did some HTP. I have magnesium on the way. Maybe making some progress? I will have to continue with this one.
4. I am finally really ready to progress on losing this last bit of weight that I have talked about for the last 2 years. Sigh… it is slow going. It is hard getting back into stringing together many losing weight days instead of how you maintain with lower days and higher days. It is working, though. It’s just hard to be patient.
5. Sitting less for work. This was hard to do. I found it is very uncomfortable to stand and type because I use a foot pedal and it keeps my hips shifted off center. Not so sure that is good for me. I like the ball, but I still have to sit very still, so not sure I get much out of it. I think I am better off sitting on the ball if I am watching TV or on the internet at night when I can roll it around while sitting on it.
Now checking in on the yearly goals just for fun, since we are halfway through the year (again, where does the time go??) It was good to go back and read my ‘to-do’ list. I had forgotten about some of them.
– 100 mile bike ride this year. In progress towards
– Maybe do a half marathon/duathlon in May/Definitely a few 5K races. Nope. Now that I am not running anymore, those goals are shot.
– Keep stretching. Needed a reminder on this. I forgot about it!
– Lose some weight. Yeah, whatever, see above. LOL! It’s very slow.
– More cooking and food recipes on the blog. Not sure how I am doing on this one, but I am posting recipes.
–Work on my classical guitar this year. I am rocking this one! I’ve been practicing almost every single day and actually am getting better!
– Possibly install a half bath in our laundry room. Done!
– Earn more money. Well, that happened since I went through the whole losing one job and getting a raise with the other. That actually worked out really well, as long as nothing changes.
– Just try to be a better person in general. Work in progress
Not bad so far, now I have a little better focus on things again.
Stay tuned tomorrow for July goals and What’s blooming!
Question: How was your June?