Lifting day! After the dreariness of yesterday, today’s bright sunshine was a welcome relief, even though it is still cold. I was up early, though, thanks to Ms. Pixie pushing on the door wanting her crack. So, I was at the gym earlier than usual.
|Stiff-legged deadlift||3 sets of 10 at 75#||Lower Body|
|1-arm Dumbbell Row||3 sets of 8 with 20 DB#||Back|
|Planks||3 sets of 60-second holds||Core|
|Barbell Bench Press||3 sets of 10 at 55#||Chest|
|Calf Raise||3 sets of 10 at 170#||Calves|
|Lower Back Extension||3 sets of 10 at 100#||Low Back|
|Arnold Press||3 sets of 12 with 10# DBs (20# total)||Shoulders|
|Pliet Squat||3 sets of 10 with 35# DB||Lower Body|
Good stuff. Out of all of those, the plank is the hardest. Least amount of weight and movement, the most sweat and increased heart rate. Go figure.
I was ready for some peanut flour waffles! Topped with coconut butter.
I am going to have to break down and order peanut flour online. Maybe I can find a place that sells that and coconut flour (wanting to try that, too).
I wrapped up February yesterday, so now time for this months ‘to-do’ list!
1. Start ramping up the bike riding on the trainer in preparation for outdoor rides (with cupcakes!). This means longer ride times. I bet we will even get in a long outdoor ride this month!
2. Keep working with some sugar/grain free days. Really liking eating the fat. I am not focusing on any weight loss this month. I will be increasing carbs to keep up with the increase in biking miles.
3. Start soap production again, I think. Need to sit down and really decide if I want to do a website and all that again.
4. Keep trying new recipes. I have been having fun with this.
5. Work on our new 1/2 bath addition! We are making progress on this and I am excited to get past the initial construction and get into the nitty gritty.
This month will be fairly busy, so that is about all I am committing to.
Lunch time! John wanted to go out for dinner tonight, so I wanted to get in my veggies with lunch.
This sauce on the chicken was an 1/8th cup of canned tomato sauce with 1 tsp of heavy cream. Easy and really good! You probably will be seeing this again soon.
Lots of work to do today. Gotta love this. One of my files today included this: “the patient sustained injury to his left middle finger when he placed it into a snowblower.” Ummmm…. ow, and what were you thinking??? Seriously.
This job is kind of funny because it is sort of like tuning into a movie in the middle and not quite knowing what happened to get you where you are. I just have to wonder what exactly goes through a person’s mind before they stick their finger into a snowblower. Probably not much…
Tried to decide where to go for dinner that was inexpensive without being pizza. So, that meant back to Denny’s LOL!
I had a cheese omelet (whole eggs)
Plus some fruit.
Then we stopped at K-Mart for a real quality evening as we needed coffee filters and motor oil. I shouldn’t be mean because K-Mart had fresh strawberries for $1 a pound! We picked up 3. Might be making some jam this week. Awesome!
Tonight I have some soap to make for a special order (one reason why I might crank the production back up) and working on the laundry room. It is going to be a busy week. Can’t wait for bagels tomorrow!